Maintain constant environmental conditions for cell-based assays
Equip the CLARIOstar, any Omega Series reader or the NEPHELOstarPlus with an Atmospheric Control Unit (ACU) to ensure that your cell-based assays are performed under optimal conditions. The conditions found in your incubator can be approximated when our standard temperature regulation is paired with independent regulation of CO2 and O2 levels. In this way, cell health can be maintained while you study the impact of drugs, whose addition can be accomplished with optional on-board reagent injectors. In short, a true walkaway system can be achieved and your cells will remain happy. Alternatively, you can use the ACU to enable studies of how your cells of interest respond to environmental stress such hyperoxic and hypoxic conditions.
Further utility is derived from the ability to perform gas ramping. Gas levels can be reduced and subsequently increased quickly, usually less than 30 minutes. This ability could be utilized to mimic the effects of ischemia / reperfusion (CLARIOstar only) that are characteristic of several diseases.
- CO2 and O2 control range: 0.1 – 20%
- Gas concentration curve display
- Up to 10 user-definable presets
- LCD touchscreen with intuitive display
- Altitude correction for accurate gas regulation
- Proliferation assays and cell viability
- Migration and invasion studies
- Ischemia/reperfusion (CLARIOstar only)
- Cytotoxicity studies
- Viral uptake