BMG LABTECH Microplate Reader Control Software
The BMG LABTECH microplate reader control software offers users an intuitive and versatile interface to define test protocols. Users can easily define any sort of protocol needed in the lab; end point reads, kinetic runs, long term multiple day tests, high throughput screening protocols, tests with injection and shaking events, and even more complex multimode measurements. If your needs include logic decisions based on data results, such as “if…then…” or iterative decision processes BMG LABTECH offers a built in script mode which allows the integration of simple programming code with test protocols.
The BMG LABTECH microplate reader control software is included with every BMG LABTECH reader. BMG LABTECH does not license software to an individual computer or microplate reader, therefore, you can install the software on as many computers as you need. Our software policy gives you the flexibility to focus on your work by offering you convenience and flexibility in your laboratory. Our software is FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliant and we do not charge extra for this feature so that you’ll always be ready for new challenges at any time.
- Absorbance, fluorescence, luminescence scans (depending on reader)
- Real-time data display during measurement
- Quick start button for “one and done” measurements
- Well scanning with resolution up to 900 points/well
- Orbital averaging for the measurement of heterogeneous samples
- Fast (up to 50 ms/data point) and slow (multiple day tests) kinetic modes
- Check time function for protocol optimization
- Lockable / Run Only protocols
- Automatic data transfer to the MARS Data Analysis Software
- Data export into Excel®, dBase or ASCII
- User defined ASCII format for your LIMS
- ActiveX or DDE control for easier robotic integration
- FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance
Predefined to User Definable Protocols
At BMG LABTECH we know that you’ve plenty of tasks to juggle in your laboratory life. Therefore we have included many predefined protocols in the control software that allow quick and easy access to the most commonly used applications. These protocols can serve as a base to create other protocols or be modified for your own version.
Predefined protocols include:
- DNA/RNA concentration
- protein concentration (Lowry, Bradford, BCA)
- Cell growth
- NADH/NAD+ conversion
- HTRF® cAMP and IP-One
- Fluo3/4/8/ calcium flux
- GFP and CFP-YFP
- and many more
Many of these protocols are linked to MARS data templates for one click analysis of your data.
MARS Data Analysis Software
BMG LABTECH has created its own unique and intuitive Data Analysis Software, MARS. MARS is a proprietary software package based upon the powerful MATLAB® mathematics environment and can be used to perform most any calculation used in a life-science, core, or HTS facility. This interface is included with every BMG LABTECH reader and is multi-user software that can be installed on as many computers as the user requires without the need to purchase licenses.
- One-click assay calculation templates covering many assays:
- Automatic DNA/RNA concentration/purity
- Delta F% for HTRF®
- Ratios & normalization for many FRET/BRET/NanoBret
- Kd, Km, Vmax rate kinetic calculations
- S/N, S/B, Z’ and other assay metrics
- Michaelis-Menten, Lineweaver-Burk, Scatchard, etc.
- IC 50, LD50, and other similar calculations
- And many, many, more
- Standard curve calculation wizard
- Standard curve fits for linear, 4- and 5-parameter, hyperbola, 3rd polynomial, cubic-spline, segmental, etc.
- Moving (boxcar) averages
- Automatic background/baseline correction
- User-defined formula generator with access to the MatLab library
- UV/Vis spectral view (SPECTROstar Nano, Omegas, and PHERAstarFS)
- Excel® and ASCII export
- FDA 21 CFR Part 11
MARS can handle any calculations needed in your laboratory.
MARS can even be used in off-line mode by your LIMS system to perform calculations that you don’t have access to without involving your programming team, thus facilitating finished ASCII data output that is ready for your system. See below for a few screen shots showing what MARS can do. We can even demo MARS for you remotely online. If you’re interested, please give us a call.
Microplate Reader Software Updates
BMG LABTECH continuously updates its Reader Control and MARS Data Analysis Software to include new software developments and new features, most of which are user driven. All of the software listed below is Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 compatible.
Software upgrades are free of charge while the instrument is still under warranty or they can be purchased in our online store. Our technicians can even remote install the software for you using an internet connection to your PC. Please call technical support for details.
BMG LABTECH Software Requirements
All BMG LABTECH software versions have the same system requirements:
- PC with Microsoft Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- i5 or i7 CPU
- 8 GB RAM or more
- 4 GB free for program installation
- One free USB or serial port (required for readers made before 2007)
Current Software Versions
|Reader Software||CD Version||Reader Control||Firmware||MARS||Release Date|
|CLARIOstar||V5.40 E4||V5.40 E3||V1.21||V3.32||02.09.2018|
|NEPHELOstar Plus||V5.11 E4||V5.11 R4||V1.43||V3.32||02.09.2018|
|OMEGA Series||V5.11 E4||V5.11 R4||V1.43||V3.32||02.09.2018|
|SPECTROstar Nano||V2.12 E3||V2.12 R2||V1.11||V3.32||02.09.2018|
|OPTIMA Series||V2.20 R14||V2.20 R2||V1.26||V3.01 R2||12.20.2013|